Easy and cheap, channi coffee is great for people who are new to brewing coffee at home and don't have any equipment. All you need is a tea strainer! This method is particularly well-suited for people who are looking to switch from instant coffee but don't want to invest in brewing gear just yet.
What you’ll need:
- 14g (approximately 7 teaspoons) coffee in coarse, channi grind
- Channi / Strainer
- 140ml water (½ cup + 1 tablespoon) at 94°C (approximately 1:50 minutes off the boil)
- Scales, if possible, otherwise follow eye measurements
- Muslin cloth, if possible
- Add 14g coffee to your cup.
- Add 130ml hot water.
- Leave for 4 minutes.
- At 4 minutes, stir 10 times.
- Pour brew through channi into another cup.
- Add more of the remaining hot water, or milk to your preference.
- Use a 4 minute brew time for light to medium roasts.
- Use a 3:30 minute brew time for medium dark to dark roasts or natural processed coffees.
- Use less than 3:30 minutes for very dark roasts.
- If you feel like your coffee has a lot of grit or coffee powder in it, then add a muslin cloth over the channi. Alternatively, grind your coffee coarser.
Click here to explore our collection of roasted coffee you can brew using a Channi.
← Older Post
Newer Post →