We're a group of people dedicated to sourcing, roasting and distributing the best coffee we can find. We're actively hiring for the jobs listed below but if you have a passion for coffee and initiative, we'd love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Junior Roaster whose role would be to:- Schedule roasts to ensure smooth production flow to meet inventory requirements.
- Remove any roast defects, ensure appropriate labeling and transfer roasted coffee to grinding and bagging station
- Set up regular sensory evaluations (cuppings) with Coffee Team to ensure quality standards.
- Maintaining accurate records for inventory and reporting purposes
- Ensure quality assurance standard are met, via daily cuppings and logging roasts
- Assist in the weekly / monthly cleaning and maintenance of the Roasting machine
- Assisting with packaging, sorting and shipping orders
- Maintenance of day-to-day operations of the roaster
- Assist in tastings and other public events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Coffee Director.
- Must have interest in coffee. You should be able to tell us why you want to work with us when we ask you (which we will!)
- Organized with well-developed math skills and spreadsheet/data entry skills. – you’ll need to calculate batch sizes on the fly and adjust roasting schedules as orders come in
- Good multi tasking abilities – you need to be able to monitor/adjust the roast, while preparing the next batch and processing the last
- Ability to lift 20 kgs of coffee and stand for extended periods of time
- Passion for tasting and evaluating your work
- Attention to detail – you need to make sure you are using the right coffees, loading the correct batches, recording and labeling the coffees accurately. Every time.
- Proficiency at following directions and established recipes.
- Able to work well with a team