Senior Art Director
Blue Tokai is looking to hire a Sr. Art Director to join the design department as a key member of the Marketing Team. The ability to visually communicate ideas and concepts in a creative manner is crucial as is the desire to mentor team members to improve their design and visual communication skills.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Designing original and comprehensive visuals and brand identities for new products and services.
- Refreshing and evolving existing identities across product and service categories.
- Developing packaging for products across the portfolio, including gifts, equipment, and allied BT services.
- Creating print collateral across brand needs, including product-related, training, internal communications, gifting, and in-cafe communications.
- Setting and working within budgets and deadlines for the design team.
- Creating and setting photo references, and overseeing photo/video shoots.
- Assisting the marketing and operations teams in all aspects of execution of design projects.
- Ensuring quality and consistency checks for all design material put out.
- Keeping abreast of team timelines consistently and updating project deliverable timelines if any delays occur.
- Able to use data and insights shared by customer service and social media teams.
- Proficient in using Adobe Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Adept at creating smart, compelling campaigns (digital and print) from concept through execution across a wide array of integrated branding
- Ability to understand and analyse key strategic issues, and clearly interpret creative direction to marketing and design team
- Able to quickly and easily shift between different team projects —some of which may require more creative design focus, and others which may focus mainly on production.
- Have experience fabricating products or working with fabricators.
- The candidate will have excellent time management skills and ability to set and work within timelines, and follow up on team members’ timelines.. Please note that this is a key component of the job.
- Have a great grasp of colour theory and composition.
- The person will be a team player and enjoy working with a diverse group of people.
- Have an eye for detail, excellent management skills and at least three years managing a team of 3 or more people
- A degree in graphic design is mandatory