Assistant Manager - Food Safety & Hygiene
We are looking for an assistant food safety and hygiene manager to join our team.
- Should be responsible for establishing an efficient food safety management system in the company and driving a food safety culture among employees.
- Should be actively auditing all our cafes, roastery, production areas, warehouses and base kitchen on a regular basis.
- Should coordinate in handling Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Plan related to audits and inspections.
- Managing all the documentation for food testing related material for all SKUs across all cities
- Ensure compliance with FSSAI regulations, company policies, procedures, and specifications.
- Actively involved in doing experiments (in house or with third parties) for all the required SKUs in the company to determine the shelf life and microbial activities.
- Setting up process and testing for base manufacturing facilities such as Base kitchen and roastery in order to have quality checks on each and every manufactured SKUs.
- Reviews and analyses data and product specifications to determine acceptability of finished product as supplied by a third party.
- Working towards doing experimental study of existing and future FMCG products and assisting the product team in formulating a better product.
- Perform tests on component samples, identify any contamination, conduct an analysis and initiate corrective measures.
- Investigate all food poisoning issues and guide the operations team for a corrective action to prevent any such issues in future.
- Should be working towards certifying the operations for ISO 22000:2018 standards by 2022.
- Should be responsible for the documentation control of all testing protocols with respect to food and beverage items.
- Procuring and managing all the necessary licenses for all our FMCG products, kitchen, staff, and other parts of the ecosystem.
- Responsible for training staff on health, safety, and hygiene and also in other verticals like coffee, customer service.
- Working with food and café team to create SOPs which are executable given the ground concern.
- Conducting training needs analysis of cafe, kitchen, and housekeeping staff on food quality assurance parameters and other training requirements.
- Should be able to handle customers alleging food poisoning or any quality issues.
- Should be responsible for induction and training of new hires and associates on the floor.
- To plan training calendar and ensure training coverage as per planned training calendar.
- To ensure the position fulfills a food quality objective of conducting 4 man hours training per month per food handling staff.
- Provide a detailed report on the training issues of the staff and report the same to Ops.
- Deliver training sessions (on floor, classroom, or webinar) as per course design.
- Maintain a database of all training materials and keep attendance and other records.
- Should be a graduate/post-graduate in Microbiology or Food technology.
- Should have sound knowledge of food microbiological aspects.
ABOUT BLUE TOKAI COFFEE ROASTERS
We are India’s largest specialty coffee company, with coffee roasteries in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and a growing network of cafes. All our coffees are sourced from leading growers across the country. Traceability and long-term relationships with our farms are integral to what we do. We are focused on sourcing, roasting and brewing the best coffee beans India has to offer.
Our mission since we started has stayed simple: introduce our customers to the estates we directly buy our great tasting coffee from, roast the beans with care, and make high-quality coffee more accessible through our cafes and our website. The coffee we roast is the coffee we like to drink, and we hope you like it too.