City Manager APPLY NOW
We are looking for a talented, energetic and team-oriented individual to manage and oversee all cafe operations in the Mumbai region. The person will be responsible for driving customer experiences, team growth and a positive working environment, as well as financial performance.
- Oversee and develop cafe managers to ensure great customer service, efficiency and financial performance of all cafes.
- Work closely with the training team to monitor staff progress and ensure growth of team members.
- Review cafe staff quarterly, provide feedback, set goals.
- Hire and induct new cafe staff.
- Manage cafe staff rosters, hours, holidays and wage sheets.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to execute events.
- Oversee all daily cafe operations ensuring all SOPs are met.
- Develop and execute systems to gather feedback from staff and customers and work on implementing improvements.
- Deal with customer complaints or queries that escalate beyond cafe managers.
- Ensure the store fulfils all legal health, compliance and safety guidelines and handle all official visits to the cafes.
- Monitor and control expenses, track and grow revenue, and identify profitability improving measures.
- Monitor and control wastage and pilferage.
- Coordinate with the supply chain team to ensure appropriate stock levels and oversee regular stock-taking exercises.
- Prepare cafe level and city level reports, discuss performance with management and suggest and execute required changes.
- 4+ years of operations leadership or equivalent experience with direct ownership of a P&L, change and people development involving a large front-line team.
- Experience managing mid-level employees with a proven track record of developing high performing teams.
- A deep appreciation for creating exceptional customer experiences and an appreciation for coffee.
- Ability to adapt and bring structure to unstructured environments.
- Ability to communicate in an environment where English is the second language.
- Self-motivated, focused, driven individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be willing to travel frequently.
- Should have exposure of designing process controls/checks to measure the quality of output through a production process.
- Must be familiar with Marathi and English Language.
ABOUT BLUE TOKAI COFFEE ROASTERS
We are India’s largest specialty-focused coffee company, with coffee roasteries in New Delhi and Mumbai and a growing network of cafes. All of our coffees are sourced from leading growers across the country, and traceability and long-term relationships with our farms are integral to what we do. We are focused on sourcing, roasting, brewing the best beans India has to offer.