The French Press is a classic brewing equipment that will give you a consistent, heavy bodied black coffee.
Here's a recommended recipe:
- Ratio: 15 g of water to 1 g of coffee
- Temperature of water: 92 - 94 C
- Brew time: 4 minutes 30 seconds
- Plunge at 4 minute mark.
- Warm up your French Press by rinsing it with hot water
- Don't leave the coffee in the French Press after you've plugged it - it will get over extracted
- If the plunger is too tough or too loose, check your grind.
This is the finest grind we offer, as fine as flour
Fine grind, a bit finer than table salt.
Fine grind, slightly finer than sand granules
South Indian filter
Medium fine grind, suitable for filters with small holes.
Medium fine grind for stovetop espresso makers, also good for single cup pourovers.
Used for drip filter machines and two cup pour overs, this is a medium coarse grind like rough sand.
Medium coarse grind, suitable for 1-2 minute brew times.
Coarse grind to ease filtration.
Very coarse grind, similar to sea salt.