We are looking for a Sous Chef with excellent leadership & technical skills to coordinate and manage our kitchen operations. In this role, you will work closely with the Food Manager and must ensure all back-end operations are functioning smoothly.
Your role will also include managing daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, adding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking and looking after providing food quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Specific Responsibilities will include
- Lead entire kitchen team.
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients including inventory management.
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards.
- Works with kitchen team to oversee kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed.
- Assists Food Manager with menu creation and kitchen compliance.
2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Post Graduate or Degree or three years Diploma in culinary.
- Extensive Food knowledge especially continental and Italian cuisines.
- Good communication & strong organizational skills.
ABOUT BLUE TOKAI COFFEE ROASTERS
We are India’s largest specialty coffee company, with coffee roasteries in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and a growing network of cafes. All our coffees are sourced from leading growers across the country. Traceability and long-term relationships with our farms are integral to what we do. We are focused on sourcing, roasting and brewing the best coffee beans India has to offer.
Our mission since we started has stayed simple: introduce our customers to the estates we directly buy our great tasting coffee from, roast the beans with care, and make high-quality coffee more accessible through our cafes and our website. The coffee we roast is the coffee we like to drink, and we hope you like it too.