We are looking for a Food Manager to supervise daily Back of House Cafe operations.
- Food Manager responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards.
- To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our kitchen staff and guide them to deliver quality food on time. Ultimately, you will ensure all plates are properly cooked and served and our customers have a pleasant food experience.
- Hire, train, oversee, appraise, and manage kitchen employees.
- Order food, beverages, equipment, and supplies.
- Oversee food preparation, portion sizes, and overall quality/presentation of food.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas.
- Schedule kitchen staff hours and assign duties.
- Manage budgets and payroll records.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Price menu items in collaboration with the City Head.
- Keep weekly and monthly cost reports.
- Maintain sanitation and food safety standards in the kitchen area.
- Regular visits and implementing SOPs for kitchen staff evaluation processes.
- Coordination with vendors and supply chain on quality issues.
- Follow up with the maintenance department for fixing facility issues.
- Wastage, Inventory, and order management (inhouse and third party).
- MIS of the kitchen.
- Root cause analysis of the customer complaints and ensure to fix it asap.
- 3+ years of experience in 5-star kitchen operations above CDP/Sous Chef level.
- Flexibility in travelling across regions (Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru).
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary/Food Production Management (IHM preferred).
- Hands on experience with planning the menu and ordering ingredients.
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with cafe managers, kitchen staff and customers.
- Ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexibility to work during evening and weekend shifts.
ABOUT BLUE TOKAI COFFEE ROASTERS
We are India’s largest specialty coffee company, with coffee roasteries in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and a growing network of cafes. All our coffees are sourced from leading growers across the country. Traceability and long-term relationships with our farms are integral to what we do. We are focused on sourcing, roasting and brewing the best coffee beans India has to offer.
Our mission since we started has stayed simple: introduce our customers to the estates we directly buy our great tasting coffee from, roast the beans with care, and make high-quality coffee more accessible through our cafes and our website. The coffee we roast is the coffee we like to drink, and we hope you like it too.