We are looking for an Executive Chef to join our team and head our kitchen operations PAN India.
- Create new entrees for the menu.
- Ensure all food safety regulations are followed.
- Inspect the quality of the food.
- Be aware of new culinary trends and recipes.
- Hire and train new kitchen staff.
- Manage special dietary needs.
- Oversee purchasing to stay within a certain budget.
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities.
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards.
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs.
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Recruit and manage kitchen staff.
- Rectify arising problems or complaints.
- Perform administrative duties.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Keep time and payroll records.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Bachelor's degree in the culinary arts.
- Ability to manage an entire kitchen.
- Budgeting skills to control costs.
- Incredible food preparation abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Deep knowledge of the food industry and trends.
- Incredible time management skills.
- Ability to pass a background test.
- Ability to create new menu items.
- Proven working experience as a Head Chef.
- Excellent record of kitchen management.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices.
ABOUT BLUE TOKAI COFFEE ROASTERS
We are India’s largest specialty coffee company, with coffee roasteries in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and a growing network of cafes. All our coffees are sourced from leading growers across the country. Traceability and long-term relationships with our farms are integral to what we do. We are focused on sourcing, roasting and brewing the best coffee beans India has to offer.
Our mission since we started has stayed simple: introduce our customers to the estates we directly buy our great tasting coffee from, roast the beans with care, and make high-quality coffee more accessible through our cafes and our website. The coffee we roast is the coffee we like to drink, and we hope you like it too.