Chief Financial Officer
The CFO will play a key role in helping Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters create a financial strategy that aligns with our growth plans and ensuring that we have the resources we need to succeed. Having raised significant growth capital, bringing on a CFO at this stage in our development is a crucial step in positioning ourselves for long-term success.
- Take lead and develop short-term and long-term financial strategies to ensure achievement of company objectives.
- Provide timely and detailed analysis of budgets, forecasts, and financial trends
- Drive business strategies to scale up and plan for growth
- Evaluate and advise on the long-term impact of financial planning, launch of new products or strategies, and regulatory actions
- Manage capital structure, identify working capital and growth investment financing needs, oversee both debt and equity financing efforts
- Directly manage investor and board of directors relationships and general investor communications
- Collaborate closely with and provide key insights to teams throughout the company, including Cafes, Operations and Marketing
- Evaluate, improve and help build cross-company processes that are efficient and scalable; assist with crafting and realizing company policies and procedures that institutionalize proper controls
- Lead and develop top finance and accounting talent
As a Finance Business Partner:
- Be the strategic business partner to business leaders and other stakeholders,
- Lead financial forecasts, annual plan/budget, long-range plan and programs associated with driving business growth and productivity
- Help us scale efficiently - we'll always move fast, but evolving our planning processes and ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Oversee weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and ensure overall compliance with all financial rules and regulations
- Oversight of all financial accounting, including receipts, payments and related controls
Lead investor relations and communication
- Supports and improves compliance with all regulatory requirements, including controls over purchasing, sales and taxation
Oversee overall compliance with direct and indirect tax
- Advise organization on major legal issues and provide legal assistance while dealing with some particular legal tasks, litigations, contracts, dispute resolution. Ensure there is minimum legal exposure and liability. Supervises, analyzes and researches the implication of laws, legislation, etc., that may affect the organization.
- Hands on with the fundamentals of finance, accounts, financial planning, annual planning, budget planning, demand forecasting
- Must have excellent Interpersonal, Presentation & Analytical Skills.
- Must display team orientation and cross functional collaboration.
- Strong understanding of the P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and GAAP principles
- Track record of close partnership with C-suite / senior level executives
Experience : 15-20 years of post-qualification experience & proven track record (progression & stability) in F&B or Retail industry.
Prior experience of working in an ERP environment, with the maturity to work closely with Investors and senior stakeholders.
MBA from a premier institute would be preferred.
Must be a Chartered Account, 1st attempt would be preferred
- Must be strategic, dynamic and must have a drive for results.
- Must display humility, honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions.
- Must be passionate about the function and willing to take a stand on key financial matters based on a strategic point of view.
- Must be self-driven and entrepreneurial with an eagerness to experiment and take calculated risks.