Chef De Partie
Mumbai , INDIA
We are looking for a CDP with excellent leadership & technical skills to coordinate and manage our kitchen operations. In this role, you will work closely with the Food Manager and must ensure all back-end operations are functioning smoothly. Your role will also include managing daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, adding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking and looking after providing food quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Lead entire kitchen team of respective café.
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients including inventory management
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with kitchen team to oversee kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists Food Manager with menu creation and kitchen compliance
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Post Graduate or Degree or three years Diploma in culinary
- Extensive Food knowledge especially continental and Italian cuisines
- Good communication & strong organizational skills
COMPENSATION: The salary will be competitive with industry standards.
ABOUT BLUE TOKAI COFFEE ROASTERS
We are India’s largest speciality-focused coffee company, with coffee roasteries in New Delhi and Mumbai and a growing network of cafes. All of our coffees are sourced from leading growers across the country, and traceability and long-term relationships with our farms are integral to what we do. We are focused on sourcing, roasting, brewing the best beans India has to offer.