Cafe Manager / Baristas
Delhi / Gurgaon, INDIA
Detailed Job Description:
A Cafe Manager at Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. She/he is also responsible for educating customers about our coffee and equipment. The Cafe Manager is responsible for organizing daily operations and motivating our Baristas to provide excellent customer service.
- Welcoming and greeting customers in the café and efficiently determining their needs and interests
- Regularly checking all café equipment to make sure it functions properly
- Ordering, receiving and stocking items for the café including supplies that are retail items.
- Ensuring a healthy and safe environment and a friendly atmosphere by following sanitation regulations and organization standards
- Maintains a clean work environment
- Listens to customer complaints and queries and addresses their concerns in an efficient yet friendly manner, and reports them to the City Manager without delay
- Multitasking effectively to take orders, prepare orders, and serve customers. Leads the team by example
- Answers customer and channel partner (Zomato, Swiggy, etc) calls and provides accurate information in a professional manner
- Assisting with other responsibilities as assigned by management (ODCs, classes, wholesale trainings, etc.)
- Maintains proper coverage and employees schedules ensuring that store maintains customer service standards and employees adhere to meal breaks policy
- Ensures all cash handling procedures are upheld. Is accountable for store funds
- Plans and execute all sales promotions effectively and efficiently. Briefs her/his team in effectively
- Guides fellow employees to follow all the standard operation procedures and sets an example for the team by following standards by herself/himself
- Follows and directs employees to follow store policies, procedures and adhere to merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Promotes and practices safe work environment, reports potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and employee incidents to café manager. Documents employee incidents, accidents, conducts initial investigation and determinations of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly, and monthly revenues and expenses
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Develops sufficient knowledge on company, products and offerings and is able to effectively and accurately communicate this to customers
- Prepare all drinks according to customer recipes within the prescribed time frame
- Prepare / reheat / serve food according company procedures
- Grinding, weighing and packing coffee beans for customers
- Understands the basics of all company coffees (roast level and flavour notes)
- Able to suggest beverages, roasts and equipment based on customer’s requirement
- Tastes products on a shift for quality assurance
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Accurately rings sales orders into POS.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service. Clear tables in a timely and thorough manner.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Take orders.
- Greets all customers with friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with them.
- Is a role model for outstanding service and takes accountability to maintain the same during her/his shift.
- Ensures that all team members follow standard operating procedures lead by greeting, smiling and responding to all customers with fast, efficient, friendly and personalized service. Strives to develop a rapport with customers by learning their name and their favourite drink & food item.
- Proactive in solving customer problems and ensures customer satisfaction in various situations.
- Consistently monitors, coaches, and encourages fellow team members to deliver customer expectations.
- Performs all POS duties including opening and closing procedures, coordinates with cross functions as and when required.
- Builds basic knowledge about coffee and equipment to better assist customers.
- Advises customers by providing information on coffee and equipment.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing sales targets as outlined by management.
- Restocks retail shelves when necessary, keeping in mind set merchandising guidelines. Keeps the retail areas neat and clean.
- Assists Cafe Manager in briefing team about instore promotions and sales targets.
Training and Development
- Facilitates and encourages a culture of learning throughout the cafe team.
- Actively participates in all classes provided by Blue Tokai Coffee.
- Actively learns about the company values and USP's from the provided Welcome Kit.
- Assists Buddy Trainer in on the job training of Baristas in cafe.
- Provides coaching and training to Baristas and Senior Baristas on performance expectation.
- Leads in store training for the new Baristas.
- Periodically reviews her/his Baristas/Senior Baristas and coordinates with training team to book -Baristas/Senior Baristas in to additional trainings based on performance.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends, and special events as needed.
- Must have a doctors certificate to be a food handler.
- The position requires frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to bend and twist frequently.